Tuesday, April 10, 2007

When in doubt

Start knitting a new pair of socks.

With a fancy handpainted sock yarn.


The Phoenix Socks

To tell the truth though there isn't much doubt around here. I'm feeling good. Been very productive. Visited my brother for his birthday. Got the car serviced. The kitchen is clean and I'm writing patterns. Just have to stay on task. It's important to have rules for yourself or you end up on the couch watching The View, which is as bad as watching the news in the way it fosters anxiety.

Watched the new Sopranos episode. It nearly put me to sleep. Just listened to the Guster album while I was cleaning/running around this morning. Beautiful music. This house has been full of new music lately. Regina Spector, Amy Winehouse, Mika and now Guster.

ok personal insight, trying to find today's personal insight. In some ways I used to be disapointed with myself because I went straight into the job market from college. But in the end it was the right thing because I didn't really know what I liked to do. I guess this is why universities want you to have life experience before persuing certain masters degrees. You have to know what you don't like before you know what you absolutely LOVE.

And when you don't figure this stuff out, you end up repeating it over and over again until you do.

There was a time when I was so frustrated with myself because I didn't know what I loved and what I was good at. There were a few things I liked, but I didn't like them enough to be passionate about them. I didn't feel an irresistable compulsion to write screenplays or to work in film. I felt an irresistable compulsion to be with my husband and to knit.


So I guess I might be moving in the right direction.

GG

No comments: