Thursday, April 12, 2007

Mystery Solved

I finally understand why Britney Spears and Lindsay Lohan ended up in rehab.

I've been out of work for exactly a week and I'm getting freaked out. I'm trying to enjoy the time, but I'm still beating myself up for getting laid off. To counteract this I'm trying to be as productive as possible. I'm helping Mr. G with things, I'm working on the book. So I guess I get a little nervous when I don't have any plans on the horizon.

it's enough to make you want to get drunk everyday. Perhaps this would have been a problem, if like Britney Spears and Lindsay Lohan I was under 25 with gads of money. Imagine having all that time and money and still being bored. To me that's the scariest thing. Boredom seems to be ungrateful for living. There's no excuse for boredom.

The bottom line is that you have to break out of your established pattern and find something new to enjoy.

So tomorrow is a non-knitting day. I'm going to go on a little day trip into the city. I'm going to check out the De Young and hang out in Golden Gate Park, with my camera.

Ok. I'll probably knit when I get home.

GG

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I often comment about those young celebs. Imagine having more money than you know what to do with and all the time in the world to do anything you wanted. You could travel to Africa, go see the seven wonders of the ancient world on a private jet, swim with Dolphins, feed starving orpans - and all their tiny imaginations can come up with is to get ripped on vicodin and vodka. Criminal really, isn't it?