Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Making Up for Last Year

If you can imagine last Christmas was pretty awful, even with everybody's best intentions. There were people I didn't buy presents for, Christmas cards that didn't get posted. I'm hoping that people understand.

This year I'm trying to make up for all of that.

I've been shopping and knitting like a wild woman. The bargains are just too much to pass up. I'd say more, but then people's presents wouldn't be such a big surprise.

But I can tell you about the presents I bought for myself. It was mostly a lot of music.

Katy Perry - One of the Boys
Of Montreal - Hissing Fawns, Are You The Destroyer
Kaiser Chiefs - Yours Truly, Angry Mob

I've been listening to a lot more music in the past year, because it helps me get through the shitty parts of the year and because it makes my long commute bearable. This is why I refer to my car as the traveling disco, even if I'm the only one dancing.

GG

No comments: