Thursday, December 18, 2008

Bleah

Divorcing is not good for your health. Until recently I wasn't making a whole lot of money and I didn't have a lot of time, so that meant that I was eating some pretty crappy food. I took advantage of this time to indulge in some old junkfood favorites like macaroni and cheese, ramen noodles, mc donalds and burger king.

This is in stark contrast to my previous diet, which was optimized for my thyroid problem. I only ate organic and ate more fruits and vegetables. I stayed away from processed foods and only ate whole grains.

Six months later I can feel a difference. I don't have as much energy. I keep waking up in the middle of the night.

So I guess my new year's resolution (yes I'm already thinking about it) is to eat better.

No more crap.

More fruits, more veggies
Only organic
take vitamins
and exercise more

It's just a matter of getting rid of the old bad eating habits.

I've read a bunch of Mary Shomon's books as I am a believer of taking responsibility for one's own health. I was skeptical of her stance about diet mainly because I didn't see a big difference in my energy levels when I stopped eating white breads and pastas. Now I'm realizing that when I first got diagnosed as hypothyroid I was already eating an organic diet.

Now having been eating crappy food for the last year I can totally see a difference and it sucks. So I'm thinking about doing the restart diet from Feeling Fat, Fuzzy and Frazzled.

Sorry boyfriend, I think this means you're going to have to start eating healthily too.

GG

No comments: