Friday, August 17, 2007

Crazy Week and It's Not Over Yet

In the space of one day a good friend died of skin cancer, another good friend gave birth and I found out that my brother's having a baby girl.

All of this stuff has only started to hit me now, a day later. I can't stop crying. I love the bittersweetness. The sharp pain of tragedy with hope for the future. It's all one and the same thing. One leads to the other. Despite the tears I feel more whole and comforted by the universe's consistency. Though I doubt that it's a comfort to those who are more directly affected.

This evening I felt drawn to more earthly comforts. I bought the Once movie soundtrack which makes me want to see the movie even more and elicited full-out sobbing on the drive home. I also got When Harry Met Sally on dvd, because I used to own it on VHS and I haven't had a video player in years. It was like watching it for the first time all over again. I even cried at the end.

I feel a lot better now.

GG

(cue the Rentals)
Oh sweetness, I need some tenderness, tend-er-ness

No comments: