Monday, January 01, 2007

What Are You Doing New Year's Day?

Me?

I'm watching the entire Lord of the Rings Trilogy on dvd.

Yes, I'm a geek.

But I've been knitting like a fiend. I started a sock on Christmas Day and miracle of miracles I might have it done tonight, just one week later. That's a record for me. Usually it takes me weeks plural to finish one sock.

The Record One-Week-Sock


I suppose it helps that I've had this last week off.

It's knit with Crystal Palace Panda Wool, which is a dream to work with and feels fabulous on foot. I've decided my favorite sock yarns are the ones that aren't too thin in gauge. Out of the five pairs I've knit, the two favorites are knit with the Panda Wool and Fleece Artist Merino. So if you like the gauge of the Fleece Artist, you'll like the Panda Wool. Yum!

Not one to continue being entertained by one project I had to cast on another project, this time a hat of my own design to match the fingerless gloves I made for Mr. G.

This New Year's Day beats last year's when it was 110 degrees in downtown Sydney and Mr. G and I were madly hungover, wandering the empty city looking for water (there was none to be found!) and a diversion from the heat. (however NYE last year will go down as the best so far -come on partying on the steps of the Sydney Opera House?"
Perhaps one could hypothesize that you can't have both a rocking New Year's Eve AND a great New Year's Day.

Guess we'll try to prove that 365 days from now.

GG

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ug I can beat you on geekiness. Cinemax had all 6 Star Wars movies. Ug. The Shame.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Anonymous said...

I was able to work up a pair of socks in a week too! I'm shocked (and pleased) but must give credit to having the week off :) Happy New Year!