Thursday, May 25, 2006

Introspection day

I was supposed to get up early to go to the de Young Museum. I overslept. Cleaned the kitchen. Visited my old job. It was good to see everyone. Especially Yoyo's Ma who found a way to sneak an International Male into my medicine cabinet.

ha ha very funny.

One of these days I'll get her back. When she's least expecting it.

I went downtown for a spa appointment and managed to check out H and M. I must officially be getting old. This store is supposed to be the be-all and end-all of stylish inexpensive shopping, but I couldn't find much. I bought one denim skirt and that's it. Everything else looked cheap, unironed and ill-fitting. Perhaps this is the point, but even the low prices are too pricey for what they're selling.

And I noticed that they closed the Lush store on Powell?? When did that happen? Great product, but rather pricey. Bummer.

So I'm with the Locklady right now and we're going out to dinner and possibly to a movie. Then we're going shopping.

And no, you won't be seeing me at HandM.

GG

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

missed you at knit night tonight :-(

Anonymous said...

The good news is that Lush on Powell isn't closed it is being remodeled -- or at least that's what the other store says.
I love that store, but I get better prices (even with shipping) to buy from the UK directly -- though I haven't priced it since moving to the this coast.

And ditto Bad Mommy, missed you. You missed me running Warren off from the table with mommy talk.

Anonymous said...

They're opening up 2 H&M's down here and everyone has been gossiping about it for ages. I agree with you though, I didn't find much and what I did like was more on the expensive side. I think we both just have expensive taste ;) Nothing to be ashamed of!