Monday, February 07, 2005

Pop Quiz (of the film variety)

hello friends,

Please do this quiz and pass it on and send it back to me:





1. The last movie you went to see in a theater:

A Very Long Engagement, which was tres tres belle. love love love that audrey tatou and jean-pierre jeunet.



2. The last movie you watched at home:

The Terminal, which wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but I didn't buy the whole fountain reconstruction thing



3. How many movies do you own?

About 25. There are plenty more I want to add to my collection, including Garden State.



3a. What was the last movie you bought?

My Fair Lady, which Luke actually got for me the night before we got married.



4. Got Netflix (or a similar service)?

yes, but it's under luke's name and I can't ever get on it to choose movies



5. List five movies you adore/mean a lot to you:



Amadeus: The first grown up movie I ever watched -at age seven



Pulp Fiction: This was the first movie that showed me that there was more to film than meets the eye.



Singing In the Rain: The only movie I can remember watching with my grandmother



When Harry Met Sally: If you can quote this movie, you can be my friend.



Ghost World: I would have never met my husband if it weren't for this film. "Looking for Thora Birch..."



Honorable mention:

toss up between Back to the Future or Star Wars, both hold keys to my childhood



6. Name your guilty pleasure movie (or genre):

Four Weddings and a Funeral. I honestly can't stop watching that film. You can't go wrong with a film where the first word of dialogue is Hugh Grant saying "fuck".



7. Name 3 people to whom you're going to pass these questions on, and why:

Jenny, because she's my fellow film school alumni (what's the next film you're going to recommend to me? I need to recommend something to you don't I, but you see way more movies than me and for free too b/c you're in LA) Lija because she wants to go see a movie soon and Gabrielle because I haven't heard from her in a while.



No comments: