Thursday, February 03, 2005

New Endeavors

We're going to Coachella!



For those of you who are as of yet uninformed, Coachella is a yearly music festival held in Indio, California. This year Coldplay and Weezer are headlining and seeing as I saw Weezer's last tour performance in Concord, CA in 2002, I couldn't resist seeing them again (hopefully performing new music). Just what we needed, an adventure. We'll be roadtripping it over the course of 4 days. There will be lots of pictures.



In other news my cousin had a baby, very cute.



I'm still working on the wavy scarf. There were some problems in that I kept skipping rows (oh yeah that's what a row counter's for) and I had to keep going back. That's what I get for trying to knit and watch the West Wing at the same time.



I also jumped off the deep end and signed up for the Vogue Knitting Flower Bag knit-along. What am I getting myself into? I keep wanting to deviate from the color scheme and do something original, like teal,charcoal and purple or orange yellow and pink, but none of the bulky wools have the right color. If they have the right teal, then they don't have the right purple or if they have the right charcoal, they don't have the right teal. And even if I do find the right mix of colors, nobody sells them all at once. Arg. I'm thinking of sticking to the original color scheme, but for me that would be sort of boring, but still I love the bag and it looks great the way they've designed it... arg.



As to the striped scarf, I have been neglecting it and all I have to do is weave in the ends. I'd better finish it soon as we're already experiencing spring fever here in California.



tomorrow, I promise updated photos.





No comments: