Friday, June 29, 2007

Knitting On the Job

Yes friends I have achieved the unlikely and have found a job where I can knit while working.

I'm answering phones for a kitchen refacing company and I'm loving it aside from the obvious knitting reasons. The ladies I work with are fabulous, open, warm, and welcoming. My first day of work I was greeted with a gorgeous living floral arrangement. I don't have any stress and I don't have any responsibility.

The only down side is that I'm only working part time and making less money.

But then again, I'm free to do what I want, any old time.

Sadly, I do spent much of that free time on the computer, but hopefully next week will find me exploring the city on my own, trying to achieve some of those 30th birthday goals. This weekend I am determined to see La Vie En Rose and go to the Farmers Market.

All the while, I'm knitting like a fiend for my book. The patterns are written and I have to knit the large scale versions to ensure correctness. Then I have to prepare the proposal and come up with an ingenious way to present the other, unknitted patterns for the book.

So far people have been responding well to the samples. I have never felt so confident about anything before in my life.

GG

PS I think I have it waaaay better than Pam from The Office

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Knitting on the job is great!

Working at home, I knit during conference calls. :)