Saturday, December 02, 2006

Apologies to my Secret Pal

I feel very sorry for the lovely secret pal spoiler I have because I haven't written much here in a while, and she has been so sweet emailing little greetings here and there. I hope she knows how much I'm looking forward to her next package and I hope she has an awesome weekend this week!

Honestly though, this has been a busy couple of weeks.

My brother got married in Los Angeles the weekend before Thanksgiving.

Here's the lovely couple. I'm so proud of my bro. I have a new sister in law and she's so sweet and her family's absolutely wonderful.




I knitted a shawl special for the occasion, you may remember it as the never ending shawl, countless rows of stockinete and 500+ stitches to be picked up and increased.


Unfortunately no one took a picture of me in the shawl so you'll have to settle for a photo of me in my beret.

The truth is that the shawl didn't get 100% finished. I was supposed to pick up stitches on each side of the long stockinette rectangle, but I only had enough time to do one side. And since I've been knitting Christmas presents like there's no tomorrow I haven't really been too keen on returning to it. But eventually I will and the shawl will hopefully be finished sometime in 2007, hopefully in time for next fall.

On the Christmas present front, I've already knitting two scarves and I'm almost done with a flower shaped washcloth. However I won't get much knitting done today because I'm going to the Dickens Fair. I'm going with my mother in law who's in town from Australia to experience the American holidays. We'll be meeting my mom there. Hopefully we'll be able to get in for a Devonshire tea.

Thanksgiving itself was fabulous. We had our first organic free range turkey. And it was unbelievably delicious. I think it may have even shown my mom how much better organic products are. Who knew that turkeys were actually quite succulent? That organic turkey is proof that it's all about the bird. Mom didn't do anything special, she just roasted it with stuffing. But it was the most flavorful bit of turkey I've ever had. Top that off with interesting family, guests and good scotch and you have a festive holiday.

Hopefully Christmas will be the same.

Oh and tomorrow there's Alex Marshall's Studio Sale in Mill Valley. She has the most unique line of tableware, linens, lamps and candles, with lucious colors and glazes. Get there early because she has a big following in these parts and she'll be sold out in a minute.

happy knitting
GG

No comments: