Sunday, June 18, 2006

And now a non-tnna post

You would think I've been in hibernation since I came back from tnna. It kind of does take a wee to get back to normal.

But then Mr. G and I have to go out of town to my brother's graduation. Good times were had by all. There was the watching of world cup soccer USA v Italy at a pub. Awesome crowd, pleasing result. And beer. It's been a while since I've had beer. Oddly enough, I haven't felt more American ever routing for USA in the World Cup. It's the only time I've thought about being american without being entirely ashamed by the Iraq Debacle. Watching all these international teams, playing by rules and uniting world inspires me.

Allow me to reiterate: Peace is entirely possible. Only one thing needs to happen to promote peace: no more killing people.

It's that simple.

But back to the graduation. Brother G got a degree in Japanese. We feted him at dinner and toasted his success. And then we got some exciting news: Brother G is engaged! Yay! I'm going to have another sister-in-law!!!

and there's a good chance that I'm going to have to go to Japan for the wedding.

And you know I love any excuse to travel.

I think I smell a round the world ticket in my future!

so many congratulations for brother G and Sister E.

But back to the world cup. I'm going for France, USA, and Australia and now Japan. Funny how when my family grows, so do my favorite international soccer teams.

Another little note. I'm totally disorganized. My office is a mess and it's so underused that Mr. G is threatening to turn it into a guest room/library. To which I ask "but what about my yarn!!!???"

eeek!
GG

PS also a very happy father's day to my dad who I got to sit with at dinner both Friday and Saturday. I hope he's had a great day we've had a beautiful family weekend.

love too you all

GG

No comments: