Sunday, April 24, 2005

Finishing my farmer's market bag

hello there

I have been working on the vogue flower bag and it's been sewed up and felted and finished and the results were a bit suprising. Let's just say that the bag didn't shrink nearly as much as I thought it would, so now it has been turned into almost a messenger bag, which is actually a good thing. I'm going to use it for when I go to the farmer's market. I still have one or two little things to finish on it and then I will be ready to show it off to the world.

This weekend I have taken a much neede break away from my home and went to visit my parents. Its always nice to visit with my folks. It gives me more perspective and a little space to breathe. My dad makes a delicious spaghetti sauce and one of two things always ends up on tv: The Godfather or Star Wars. Last night it was Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back, which has always been a favorite.

Anyway now that the flower bag is almost finished, I may finally get the chance to finish the wavy scarf that i've been working on for what seems like forever.

Also Jennifer received my RAOK, I didn't realize what a hard time she was going through and in fact one of her friends suggested that I send her the felting kit. I'm glad that it went to someone who really needed cheering up.

happy knitting
GG

No comments: