Thursday, January 27, 2005

For My Secret Pal

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer high- a nd/natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you? I’m not a big fan of acrylic yarns, but if they’re unique or a nice color I don’t mind. I prefer blends over 100% acrylic.

2. Do you spin? Crochet? No spinning or crocheting.

3. Do you have any allergies? I am allergic to smoke

4. How long have you been knitting? About 6 months

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? yes

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) bergmot, ginger, orange, grapefruit, vanilla.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Yes, for homemade choccolate chip cookies or brownies.

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Quilting, beading, cross stitching, though knitting is taking up all of my time

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I love anything I can dance to Jem, Franz Ferdinand, Beastie Boys, Air, Zero 7, the Garden State Soundtrack, The Shins, Coldplay, The Amelie Soundtrack, though I am terribly disapointed in the Gwen Stefani album –it doesn’t really feel true to her, like the producers didn’t let her just make an album, they made her work with other people. It sounds affected. I’m over it.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Teal, Hot Pink, Fuschia, purple, lime green, I like the following combinations: hot pink-orange-yellow, teal-hotpink-white, teal-purple-gray

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I am married, without children or pets, not that those may not be on the horizon one of these days.

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know) My life dreams are to spend a year in France, to live in Australia by the beach with my husband, a baby and a dog, to open a trendy store where people can knit and hang out.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? Cascade 220, Arftul Yarns Museum Wool, Lion Brand Homespun, Lionbrand Thick and Quick

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I’m not a big fan of the feathery novelty yarns, I prefer ribbon or mohair or novelty yarns with interesting contrasting bits of color/fabric (herwool curly kid, frou frou, bernat matrix)

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? scarves, though I am trying to move into hats, socks and gloves. I am also obsessed with knitting books.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Scarves or handbags

17. What are you knitting right now? What else- scarves – the wavy one on this season’s knitty.com issue

18. What do you think about ponchos? I would really like to learn how to knit a simple one. I have one that someone knit for me but it’s striped and I don’t wear it in public, I want to because it keeps me so warm.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? I’m still trying to figure them both out, so no preference yet.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? All

21. Are you a sock knitter? Trying to be

22. How did you learn to knit? I taught myself with a Lionbrand yarn kit

23. How old is your oldest UFO? Huh?

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? Spongebob, but I already have a lot of spongebob stuff, but still he always makes me smile. I love hot pink, orange and yellow roses. I don’t really have a favorite animal.

25. What is your favorite holiday? My birthday

26. Is there anything that you collect? Vintage tea cups and saucers, old cameras, fancy boxes, kaleidoscopes, Alex Marshall ceramics.

No comments: